Metal Spray Coating Solutions
Thermal Metal Spray coatings (also known as Metal Spray Coatings) are suitable for use across a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, power generation, transport, oil and gas and chemical processing among many others. The various application systems, methods and techniques employed within the Metal Spay Coating process brings added value and affords protection for critical components from the effects of abrasion, erosion, corrosion, fatigue, temperature, oxidation and more.
Thermal spray (or Metal Spray Coating) is the term commonly used for a process that utilises heat to turn metallic and non-metallic materials (forms are typically powder or wire) into a molten or semi-molten state, which is then projected (sprayed) onto a components’ surface.
Upon impact with the part, the sprayed molten particles ‘flatten’ and cool on the component surface with sufficient force to adhere, creating a reliable bond. Subsequent repetition of this process realises a coating of increasing thickness up to the desired / required specification.
The new coating is then ready and suitable for subsequent operations as may be required, e.g. Machining, Grinding, Polishing, subsequent surface treatment (eg. Alphatek Fluoropolymer) etc…..
The Key benefits of using Alphatek Thermal Metal Spray Coating Solutions include:
- Thermal Spray applied coatings provide added application performance.
- Are economical and cost effective.
- Provide engineers with enormous flexibility of design and can be used on complex geometries.
- Save money & maximise customer profits by extending component life and minimising downtime for maintainence.
Why Choose Us
- Unparalleled experience – providing coating excellence for over 20 years
- Major approvals in place for Oil & Gas, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, Green Energy
- ISO approved quality processes for the ultimate assurance
- In house R&D and Met Lab facilities for bespoke applications and solutions
- Friendly, reliable, expert team. Small enough to care, but big enough to cope!